Friday, August 19, 2016

Everyday Training

Friday Knight News




"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done." Bruce Lee 

One of the most important aspects of being a martial artist is everyday training. I would venture to say that this is true if you are an artist or a musician too. It is my understanding that one of the surest ways you can tell if you love something, or someone, is that your thoughts always turn to them. The best way to prove your love is by daily devotion or recognition. Generally speaking, paying attention to details, along with time, will help improve your performance. It only takes dedication and the discipline to practice when you do not feel like training, doing it anyway is the secret to discipline.



The secret to discipline is to vary your routine. For example, I do Misogi: (Cold water dowsing). Some days it's done with a bucket of cold water. On other days I cheat and take a cold shower or plunge my head into cold water. I also try to eat healthy which means that I try to stay away from bad nutrition choices. My biggest weakness is chips; soda or pop rarely pass my lips and sweets are limited. But this is only the tip of the iceberg as Shokuji: (Healthy dietary measures), requires I eat less red meats, and plenty of fruits and vegetables.


Bill Wallace 1 of 3

Then to keep my mind stimulated I enjoy training with others; for me this is Musha Shugyo: (Travel for improvement). My take on Mokuso (meditation), consists of dream mediation, and deep breathing training. When it comes to exercise, I like to do 30 to 50 reps of any of the following groups: (Pull up, Push up, Sit up, Squat, Calf Squat and/or Dumbbells or the Kettle-Bell). Also, often before these I work on actual martial art training and/or stretching.

Image result for mas oyama training

"If you do not overcome your tendency to give up easily, your life leads to nothing." Mas Oyama

Are you looking for an ongoing saga that spans the forefront of the struggles with the internal and external worlds? Please consider reading about the adventures of these martial art dream walkers. Thanks to all of my readers, your support means more than you know. Writing has always been a cathartic release for me. I hope you enjoy reading these adventures into what I refer to as my shadow self.

Dream Walker Books


PatreonPatreon 

If you have never heard of Patreon, this might help explain it. Patreon is a way for creators to earn ongoing funding directly from their fans. Yes it is true I am basically busking for a living, your pledges help out with adverting and moral support while I'm building by fan base. If my blog insights or my stories (books) have inspired you, please click on the Patreon link. You can control how much and/or how often you donate and even a dollar a month helps. The blogs are free even if you can't spare a buck. If you donate, you have access to extra content and a chance at some swag.

No comments: