Saturday, April 1, 2017

Two Hundredth Blog

Mushin University™ Self-Knowledge the Ultimate Knowledge

"Martial arts are a practice, and what you practice, you will become, who will you become?" Adam Chan

Happy April first, as this is the two hundredth blog it seems that we should look at something important, but don't worry it will not be an April Fool's Day joke. In our lives of as warriors we tend to seek the ever elusive perfection. So, this means we either learn to deal with failure, or we become delusional. Delusional in the belief that our stuff is better than any other stuff without ever testing it, or in other words pretending that the world is only as we see it. In reality, we all do a bit of both, as it is nearly impossible to cope with the injustices of life without retreating into our own personal delusions. We as individuals are called on to save the earth, the poor, the sick, the down trodden and we all do what we can. Although it is hard not to become jaded, when we give and only the middle man seems to profit from our sacrifice.

Martial arts is a haven to me as it is easy to see that we need to find a balance in its study that translates into everyday life. Working toward the goal of being as good as our seniors without tearing ourselves up in the process is a good example. We cannot expect to achieve even these simple goals overnight. Just as we cannot expect to change the world if we cannot change ourselves.
Often we understand that because of our limitations we are unable to mimic certain techniques in the same manner that people we admire utilized them. Still with time and practice, we can at least learn how to adapt them to our circumstances and situations. 

Miyamoto Musashi once mentioned, “It is said the warrior's is the twofold Way of pen and sword, and he should have a taste for both Ways. Even if a man has no natural ability he can be a warrior by sticking assiduously to both divisions of the Way.” I am working toward this goal and my training has focused more on simplification. I am working at getting a YouTube channel going where I want to cover things that I find inspiring. Martial arts adventure and writing are what makes me happiest with what I do. It keeps my mind off of my personal failures and the things in life that I have tried to change through sacrifice as well as pain. The five gates of blood, bone, wind, nerve and mind and the guiding three principles of movement keep my martial arts practice true. While my writing (even in the fantasy and sci-fi category), gives me a bit of outreach to help those that are interested. 


No comments: