Friday, January 9, 2015

My Friend

Friday Knight News

“Amicus Plato, amicus Aristoteles, magis amica veritas. (Plato is my friend, Aristotle is my friend, but my greatest friend is truth.)”  Isaac Newton

My sensei introduced me to a man that I had read about for years. This man's perspective had coincided with that of my teacher's perspective and his teacher before him. Over the years this instructor's influence helped guide me along the martial path. Before I had met him or watched any of his instruction, I found that many others from the dojo had been long time viewers of his instruction tapes and DVD's. These people often commented on how much I had in common with this celebrated instructor, I must have adsorbed his teachings through osmosis from his writing without realizing it. Still I had not checked his stuff out, I was old school and didn't rely on technology. This was even after I had men tell me that I reminded them of some of the masters on the Tony Annesi videos. Truthfully, my skills fall far short of his finally detailed and almost invisible application.

The first time I had met him I was surprised about how much of his teaching resembled Joe Lewis and the principles that Joe got from Bruce Lee. Then I learned of the Tony Annesi and the Joe Cowles connection and that explained a lot. Tony seemed to have a wonderful method for bridging the gap between the aiki and jujutsu skills with those of karate and other Asian martial art. I have found his principles adaptable to all styles as they have helped me in the performance of my stylist preference.

Which brings me to the point that Tony Annesi has been at this for a long while now. That is why my wife and I recently wrote a letter and sent a card to a man who has been instrumental in my martial art development. As I have mentioned I have read his magazine articles since my youth, bought his books, and now have watched his instruction videos, and sat in under his seminar teaching. He has written me, phoned me from time to time, offering suggestions, and encouragement to me with my pursuits. He is truly a fine gentleman, martial artist and a scholar. Thanks you Tony for your first fifty years of instruction.

 "A block is a lock is a blow is a throw." Tony Annesi 

Tony Annesi 50th year celebration!
(A link to Tony's DVD)

Below are links to some of my Kindle version books from the "Dream Walker" series. My stories are about martial arts adventures that are intertwined with paranormal or supernatural events. The following links are to the Kindle version books from the "Dream Walker” series. Our adventurers find themselves on a quest where they are confronted with both conspiracy and mystery. Their challenge is to unite their mind and body skills together utilizing what they have learned in the martial arts with the transcendental power of dream mediation. They attempt to do this while they are trying to make a life for themselves and elude those that seek to use and control them.

Conversations with a Sage (Book 1 of the Dream-Walker)

Conversations with a Sage: This explores Xander Davidson's early encounters with the mysterious fog like Dream Walking martial art sages. He ponders if they are real or if they are only remnants of his dreams. He mainly keeps this secret world to himself as he tries to copes with abuse, growing up without support or guidance and the mystery of his family's past. 

Xander and the Assassins Gift (Book 2 of the Dream-Walker)

The Assassins Gift: Xander Davidson struggles with the conspiracy of his family and the group that is actively trying to manipulate him to join them or die. The young Dream Walkers learns an early lesson to be careful about whom they let into their circle.


Warriors of Perception (Book 3 of the Dream-Walker)

Warriors of Perception: Xander Davidson and his band of friends embark on a mission to free themselves from their oppressors. They bravely face the challenge all the while vying for the right moment to turn the tables.


Jace Lee The Shift (Book 4 of the Dream-Walker)

Jace Lee The Shift: We find a new apprentice, Adam, that is fighting for his life. He is struggling to understand the amazing skills of his mentor, Jace Lee; a younger man that has trained under Xander Davidson. All the while his mentor attempts to reconcile the fact that his skills do not match up with the other Dream Walkers.


Jace Lee No Agenda (Dream Walker Book 5)

Jace Lee No Agenda: Jace Lee attempts to find himself on a self-imposed vision quest of sorts. Instead he finds himself being stalked by the same group that had previously sought after his teacher, (Xander Davidson). Instead of mastering his odd Dream Walking skills he finds love and the potential loss of his powers.

Jace Lee and the Tutelage of Ming Wu: Dream Walker 6 

Jace Lee The Tutelage of Ming Wu: Jace Lee rejoins his teacher Xander Davidson as they cope with a possible combined threat (the mysterious), Ming Wu and the Council that has continuously monitored the Dream Walkers.       

No comments: